Good morning! Sleep good? Check out the THREE SUNS lighting up your morning... cool, hua?
Thanks for choosing to #ReadThisFIRST... and right out of the gate, let's stop to honor our friends in Law Enforcement... today is National Law Enforcement Appreciation Day... so to our friends who are that thin blue line... we thank you for what you do for us, to keep us safe... and more!
Here's what is buzzing this morning... starting, of course, with the #TrumpTalk last night...
Trump speech: The prime-time presidential address about his proposed border wall has been fact-checked.
Kliff Kingsbury: The former college coach for Texas Tech has been named the new head coach of the Arizona Cardinals.
Elvis birthday: Fans remembered the King on what would have been his 84th birthday.
Bonnaroo 2019: Phish, Post Malone and Childish Gambino are some of the artists playing Manchester, Tennessee's big festival.
Kamala Harris: The Senator said America is "absolutely" ready for woman of color to serve as president.
#SDLive: Fans are weighing in on the latest WWE show.
Wiggins: Andrew scored a season-high 40 points in the Timberwolves 119-117 win over the Thunder.
And now for more of your COPY AND PASTE ROUNDUP...
You hear about this? There are APPS THAT WILL PAY YOU to lose weight and be healthy!
For a lot of us, it’s hard to stay motivated to keep working out. We should want to do it to take care of ourselves and feel healthier, but that’s not always enough incentive. But there are actually apps out there that will pay you to exercise more! These apps let you earn cash when you smash your fitness or weight loss goals, so if money is a good motivator for you, check them out and get moving.
- Achievement - Sync this app with your other health apps and it does the work of keeping track of all the good things you’re doing, like getting more sleep and tracking your steps. The more healthy stuff you do, the more Achievement pays you.
- DietBet - This app is free, but you have to place a bet to get money out of it. After downloading it, create a fitness challenge for yourself or join an existing one and when you meet your goal, you can win back your money and more.
- Charity Miles - If you’re the selfless type who wants extra money, but not for yourself, check out Charity Miles. This app lets you choose the charity you want to support and you earn money for them based on how much exercise you get.
- HealthyWage - Like DietBet, this app requires you to invest some money in yourself to join a fitness challenge, but after you participate in verified weigh-ins to prove you’re doing the work, you get the cash when you beat your goals.
- RunBet - with this app, you join a game for a certain amount of time and place your bet. If you reach your running goal by the time the game is finished, you win. But don’t think you can cheat to get the money, RunBet uses GPS in your phone to verify your activity.
And now for more of your COPY AND PASTE ROUNDUP...
Want a job that pays really well and has low stress and great work-life balance? Become an orthodontist. According to research by U.S. News, orthodontics, a career that pays an average of $229,380 per year, has both low stress and high levels of work-life balance. Why? Unlike others in the health care field, orthodontists generally don’t have to deal with medical emergencies and they have the flexibility to set their own hours. (Market Watch)
We’re uncomfortable dealing with and talking about our finances. How uncomfortable? A survey found that 16 percent of Americans would rather sit and watch a steamy sex scene with their parents than sit and tell them about their biggest financial mistake. Yikes. Here are some other things Americans would rather do that deal with money issues:
- 32% would rather go to the DMV than work on a financial plan.
- 20% would rather spend an hour in jail than come up with a five-year financial plan.
- 34% would rather spend an hour in traffic than go over their money issues with a financial advisor.
- 26% would rather talk politics with somebody they disagree with than write a financial plan with a family member.
- 47% would rather drink orange juice after brushing their teeth than reveal their biggest money secret to a friend.
- 34% would rather post their most embarrassing photo of themselves on social media than post a screenshot of their account balances. (SWNS)
Get your Insta-kicks … on Route 66. A new survey by Hertz has named Route 66 as the most “Instagram-worthy” road trip. Second most popular was the drive through the Grand Canyon parks. Pacific Highway Coast came in third. The survey also found that 56 percent of respondents named the U.S. as the road trip capital of the world.
- More than two-thirds of Millennials said the locations they see on Instagram affect their choice of places to visit, compared to just 13 percent of adults over 38.
- 30 percent of Millennials said they were unlikely to visit somewhere if they had never seen photos of it on Instagram.
- 36 percent of Millennials said they would have a hard time remembering their trip if they didn't post photos of it, compared to 19 percent of those over the age of 38.
- 1 in 10 Millennials admitted to visiting somewhere just because they wanted to share it on Instagram. (Independent)
So, Buttered Popcorn Oreos are a thing … Yep, according to Instagram’s @thejunkfoodaisle, limited-edition Buttered Popcorn Oreos are coming soon. Apparently they taste similar to "everyone's least favorite Jelly Belly [the popcorn-flavored Jelly Belly] – but better." Yum? (Delish)
GUYS WHO GO TO THERAPY INCREASE THEIR INCOME
According to a new study, talking to a therapist isn’t just good for your mental health. It could also increase your income.
British researchers found that both men and women who talk to therapists end up making more money.
But here’s the thing… men who go to therapy boost their incomes more than women who go to therapy. Guys enjoy an increase of 13 percent -- while women only see an average increase of eight percent.
It seems that it pays to go to a shrink …
TobysTake: I don't know if talking to my therapist weekly for however long we've been talking has helped to increase my income, but it has helped me to find... more of myself, you know? If you can afford it, or if it's part of your insurance, I'd recommend you try it. It helps...
HYUNDAI DEVELOPING A WALKING CAR
Hyundai is developing a car that not only drives, but also walks.
The new concept -- which they’re calling Project Elevate -- cruises around on four wheels. But when the going gets rough, it starts walking and crawling like a crab through all sorts of terrain.
The engineers claim they’re developing this thing to help first responders dealing with natural disasters. They also claim it could help in more everyday situations, like carrying people in wheelchairs when there aren’t ramps around.
But, it really looks like they’re just trying to scare us by making a car look like a killer robot. (Jalopnik)
PIZZA HUT EXPANDS BEER DELIVERY TO OVER 1,000 LOCATIONS
Pizza Hut is gearing up for a big year, as they’ve just announced that they will be expanding their new beer delivery service to over 1,000 locations nationwide.
That means you can get your pizza, along with a cold six-pack of Coors Light, Blue Moon or Shock Top -- among many other brands -- delivered to your door. No muss. No fuss. (USA Today)
COPS LOOKING FOR DUDE WHO LICKS DOORBELLS:
How many doorbell licks does it take to get to the center of a jail cell? Just one, according to police in Salinas, California, and that's where this creep is going as soon as cops find him.
Police are looking for 33-year-old Roberto Arroyo, who was caught on a home's surveillance camera licking the doorbell. He also allegedly relieved himself on the front lawn and stole extension cords from the Christmas decorations. Police want to charge him with prowling and theft. (The Smoking Gun)
You see that up there? How amazing would it be to be playing VIDEO GAMES on the BIG SCREEN at a baseball stadium!
Don't go robbing people... because they might be MMA fighters and that might be hazardous to your health...
So... that should be good for now for you... look for more through the morning, and be sure to refresh often... and thanks for choosing to #ReadThisFirst! Have an amazing Wednesday!